Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Turkey Day approaches
Oh, evolution. You are the cruelest @#$%& of them all.
Short post as I assume many have taken the day and nobody should be ruining their holiday reading this blog, anyway.
Dug and K are coming into town tomorrow. Our first Turkey Day with them as a married couple. But this is also going to be the first Holiday with what's going to be the configuration for our family for quite a while.
As you may know, Jamie's folks are living in San Marcos, and my own folks have a home in N. Austin, where they plan to retire. Jason is living here, of course, and Cousin Sue and Ciera live in N. Austin. So we're all going to be able to see each other with a minimum of traveling (aside from poor Dug and K., because I don't see this whole operation heading to Berkeley for a couple of years, so eastward they'll come).
So Thursday should be food, Dallas Cowboys and the UT/ TAMU game.
I am thankful for a lot of stuff this year, not the least is that Scout is home and safe, and relatively unharmed.
Here's a list of things The League is thankful for:
1. League-Pals and Leaguers. You know who you are, and we salute you.
2. A not-insane family. Seriously. Thank you for not being crazy.
3. Dogs and cats.
4. A job that I am amazed I am still happy to walk into each and every day (and where you never know what the day will bring)
5. Size 14 socks.
7. A super-lifestyle.
8. Not ever winding up on "Cheaters".
9. No zombies.
10. Twilight romance weird, but not as weird as Godzilla star-crossed lovers story.
We'll be back soon and will most likely post intermittently.